Activity Co-Ordinator- Full Time – Permanent- Galway
Permanent Full-Time role
CREGG Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Activity Co-Ordinator to join their Residential Nursing Home. This is a great opportunity to join a highly motivated and skilled team.
As the Activity Co-Ordinator you will be responsible for organising and coordinating engaging and stimulating activities for the residents of the home. This role requires creativity, passion and excellent communication skills to ensure residents are encouraged to maintain their independence, physical health and mental wellbeing.
- Day Shift
- Monday-Friday, alternate weekends
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an activity plan for residents that includes physical, mental and social activities
- Assess each residents needs, preferences and abilities to ensure that activities are appropriate and enjoyable for everyone
- Encourage and facilitate residents to participate in group activities and events
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals including nurses and therapists to develop and implement activities that support residents rehabilitation goals
- Ensure that all activities are safe and that any necessary equipment or resources are available and in good working order
- Maintain accurate records of resident participation in activities
- Communicate regularly with the residents, family members and staff to gather feedback and ideas for new activities
Skills & Qualifications:
- Fetac/QQI Level 5 Healthcare Support course desirable but not essential
- Gerontology and Dementia Care experience desirable
- Previous experience working in a healthcare or nursing home setting is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of age related physical and cognitive changes and how they can impact an individual’s ability to participate in activities
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
If you are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for seniors and have experience in organising and coordinating activities, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of Cregg Recruitment without your express permission.
For further information please contact Tracey Barry with your updated CV