CREGG Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Senior Associate to join the Asset Management group in Kilkenny. The Senior Associate is responsible for organising and managing client assignments from start to completion. The potential candidate would also be responsible for coaching, advising, and directing team members.
- Updating existing knowledge of the investment fund industry through research and attendance at specific industry training courses;
- Leading an audit team and setting the audit approach to the engagement, which makes effective use of team members’ skills and is within budget – ensuring the file is set up in line with the companies approach to investment funds and auditing standards;
- Liaising onsite with clients to obtain relevant information in order to resolve any queries and to identify causes/risks on issues requiring further consideration.
- Identifying the key business and audit risks of a client and investigate all audit issues to arrive at a solution or proposal
- Researching and resolving technical queries from clients
- Work closely with the tax department to ensure that the taxation figures for the audit are finalised within the required time
- Ensure Manager/Senior Managers (or relevant Partner) are informed on a regular basis on the progress of the audit and relevant issues in respect of budget constraints
- Reporting on audit findings to the Managers/Senior Managers and Partners and in particular raise any issues arising during the audit which may impact on risk
- Preparing reports detailing issues found and recommending corrective and preventative actions to resolve them
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent from a recognised international accounting institution
- At least 3 years practice accounting experience
- Investment Management experience is essential
- Detailed understanding of Irish GAAP
- Knowledge of US GAAP/ SEC and International Accounting Standards would be an asset
- Business Acumen – use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the market and utilise this information to assist your clients in making innovative business decisions
- Relationship management – ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships
- Creative – demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic team player with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development
Create your future with us.
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of Cregg Recruitment without your express permission
For further information please contact Cleo Muir with your updated CV