Cregg Recruitment is actively looking for an experienced Butchery General Operative for a busy facility in Kilamonan, Dublin 11.
You need your own mode of transport for this role.
The successful applicant will be responsible for a range of duties including stock control, forecasting and general butchery duties within the meat-cutting facility in our Dublin Distribution Centre.
· Develop a good working knowledge of product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures
· Goods inwards and stock controller
· Forecasting supply and demand for the Butchery
· Check weigh-in and product specification
· Oversee storage of products, particularly stock rotation
· Carry out end-of-week stock take for the financial controller
· Health and Safety of yourself and others around you
· Reporting damages, accidents, and issues relating to Food Safety
· Basis IT skills only required
· Hygiene in your department and good housekeeping
· Must be willing to support the Butchery team when available
· Induction training will be provided
· Butchery qualification/experience is an advantage
· Be a highly motivated individual
· Be a team player with the ability to work on their own initiative
· Experience in fast-paced meat production/food preparation environment advantageous
· Follow procedures to comply with HACCP policy.
· Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business, as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
· Good communication skills
· Fluent in English language skills essential (both written and verbal)
· Experience in following food safety and quality procedures and policies.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Flexible and adaptable