Machine Build Technician (Fitter/Toolmaker)
CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring qualified fitter/toolmakers to work on a PERMANENT basis with a leading medical device client in Galway.
About the job:
Purpose: Working alongside Automation and Mechanical Engineers the successful candidate will work on new machine builds. Excellent opportunity to progress to Engineer level.
Shift work: This is a day shift role with a 1pm Friday finish
Industry Sector: Our client is a world leader in the manufacture of less-invasive medical devices.
- Required to take a lead role in the mechanical build or upgrade of equipment. This person needs to show ownership / accountability for builds and upgrades assigned.
- Provide technical leadership on equipment build related issues.
- May be required to perform the role of a mentor to new hires / apprentices
- Work closely with mechanical design team to ensure that the equipment is built according to Boston Scientific specifications and is properly handed over to commissioning or manufacturing.
- Must be competent in reading mechanical drawing packages
- Must have a knowledge of pneumatics and competent in reading pneumatic schematics
- Identify build issues with drawing package and relay information to engineer
- As part of the build team, this person is expected to work closely with internal resources to complete equipment related projects.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager / Supervisor.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards etc.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have qualifications in the trade of a Toolmaker or Fitter
- Experience of building to mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.