To provide Electrical and Safety design expertise to the Equipment Engineering department in the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment to produce medical devices.
- Generation of equipment electrical designs which meet manufacturing, safety, CE,and performance requirements.
- Proactively and continuously ensure potential safety risks are addressed and ensure equipment meets CE marking standards.
- Work closely with internal engineers to understand their equipment requirements.
- Work closely with internal and external machine build vendors in order to ensure that any equipment supplied is built according to company specifications and is properly handed over to manufacturing.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Ensure documentation/drawing standards for equipment meet company requirements.
- As part of the design team, this person is expected to work closely with both internal and external specialists to complete equipment related projects.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Participates in and Leads the use of lean and Continuous Improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Support continuous improvement activities
- Provide technical guidance / leadership to the equipment build team
- PSPI/CI/VIP opportunity identification and collation
- Candidates are required to hold an Engineering qualification equivalent to or above NFQ Level 7 with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design and build of equipment for the medical device industry.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD Electrical, and design of pneumatic circuits.
- Proven ability to design and commission electrical and pneumatic control panels for automated equipment.
- Proven ability to assess and remediate equipment safety issues
- Good technical capabilities, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.