Cregg recruitment are currently seeking an extrusion operator. This position is for straight days flexibility for potential shift work maybe required.
If you like working with machines and have a desire to work with a company focused on your personal and professional development, you could be a great fit as our clients extrusion operator. The operator is assigned based on experience and shift need and is responsible for day to day operations of that line. As an extrusion machine operator, your primary responsibilities are to monitor the use and maintenance of the industrial equipment in a factory with established procedures, guidelines and customer requirements.
- Adjust, calibrate and test equipment at the beginning of every shift to ensure proper pressure, speed, temperature and general operation.
- Examine visually, weigh and measure components created from equipment at the end of the week to ensure machines are producing according to company and industry regulations and standards, making adjustments as needed.
- Work with team members, shift supervisors and all necessary personnel to take care of complications as they arise.
- Communicate with fellow team members to learn of any equipment problems or malfunctions, and take care of them as they come up.
- Use regulated cleaning solutions, grease guns, oil cans, air hoses and cleaning cloths to properly maintain and clean equipment on a regular basis.
- Make repairs to equipment when necessary, and replace all defective, broken or worn out components
- Minimum six months extrusion experience required.
- Well-organized and history of showing initiative.
- Knowledge of current safety rules and regulations.
- Experience within the plastic industry.
If interested in this position please send your cv to Slaney@cregg.ie or call 061363318.