CREGG is Delighted to be recruiting a General Practice Manager – Audit to join a full-service firm providing audit and assurance, taxation, advisory and corporate recovery services across Ireland. If you are looking to work in firm that is dynamic and progressive firm, then this is the position for you. Please note this position would suit someone who is willing to work onsite in Ennis.
You will be involved in providing accounting services to our diverse portfolio of clients across the agri, retail, engineering, renewable energy, manufacturing, technology, healthcare, nursing home, property, and aviation sectors. Our clients are predominantly in the SME sector and include owner- managed companies, family-owned business, sole traders, farming and agricultural enterprises and limited companies.
The candidate will be part of a close-knit multi-disciplinary department responsible for their own clients, both corporate and personal, and reporting to the Partner/senior management team.
- Managing audit exempt engagements – a portfolio which you will be responsible
- Planning, resourcing and structuring assignments to ensure work is performed to a high standard and in a timely efficient
- Managing client expectations, arranging closing meetings to finalise
- Reviewing working papers and finalising financial statements for signing by a
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide, in addition to general accounting services, a variety of other services included supervising company secretarial returns, CT compliance, business advisory including Revenue and banking negotiations, restructuring support and litigation
Further responsibilities include:
- Overseeing a busy accounts department with qualified staff and trainees undertaking 5-year Chartered Accountancy training.
- Achieving team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance
- Managing project financials, including budgets, WIP, timely billing and collection and variance
- Maintaining the highest technical and professional
- Thinking strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key
- Managing situations – identifying any issues before they escalate, and devising solutions to avoid
- Providing additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy
- Coaching, training and developing staff to upgrade their knowledge. The position reports to senior management and Partner-level.
- The role is for a qualified accountant who trained in a multi-disciplinary firm and has 2+ years post- qualification experience. They should be comfortable managing their own client load, working on corporate and personal clients, reporting to managers and partners, supervising staff and training juniors.
- They must be comfortable multi-tasking; reporting to more than one supervisor; working on multiple clients across a range of assignments. The role requires strong technical analysis, ability to manage and work to deadlines, and exemplary client facing skills.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA etc.) and honours third-level Bachelor degree.
- Irish and US GAAP, IFRS, experienced dealing with clients across a range of sectors and sizes. From individual agri operators to SME corporates.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills including leading teams of at least 5 team members.
- Ideally having worked in a busy practice with exposure to a diverse client base across industries
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of Cregg Recruitment without your express permission
For further information please contact Cleo Muir with your updated CV