Cregg Recruitment are excited to recruit an Manufacturing Engineer for a leading Medical company in Galway. We are looking for individuals that share our passion for innovation and advancing solutions for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare issues. Contact Mark Halligan 091 700 814 or email@example.com.
In your new role as Industrial Engineer, you will identify and pursue value improvement and waste elimination to support manufacturing areas by identifying opportunities for initiation and completion of Lean projects in line with business goals and objectives.
This experienced and diverse team plays a vital role in the business’s success and enjoys excellent career development opportunities and work-life balance.
Key Activities of the Role:
- Support the ongoing introduction and advancement of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices across the plant / in the direct area of responsibility.
- Provision of technical support and, where necessary, project management support to Manufacturing teams to initiate and sustain Kaizen/ continuous improvement.
- Mentor ‘Lean champions supporting lean initiatives across production units.
- Provision of training and ongoing support on existing Lean “tool kit”, refining and improving these tools and introducing new ones as appropriate.
- Constantly promote, educate, and instill a culture of identification and elimination of waste throughout the plant within manufacturing areas and in support/ transactional areas.
- Identification of improvement opportunities and initiation of project teams and plans to address, providing support & direction and facilitating the removal of barriers to ensure successful outcomes.
- Generate and maintain data for managing our business, e.g. method studies, time & motion studies, and Work content graphs.
- Maintain a database of Lean projects with associated targets and metrics to be used to prioritise critical tasks based on impact on VOP.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream is addressed and maximum benefit is extracted from Lean activities.
- Standardisation of work methods and ensure that these standards are documented through graphical operator instruction where appropriate.
- Reviewing requests for changes to facility layouts and proposing summary options for review/ approval. Arising from analysis and consensus agreement, work with Facilities Dept and relevant Production Team to prepare final layout drawings and implementation plan.
- Support the Strategic Space Plan by keeping layouts current.
- Demonstrating good working knowledge of Industrial Engineering tools & practices and using this knowledge and expertise to continually drive improvement in process/equipment design, layout and operational performance.
- Maintaining a verified up to date database of standard times, populated IE tools and core metrics for the area of responsibility.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance with all quality requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline is required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision.