Cregg Recruitment are currently hiring for a Manufacturing Technician to work for a leading company in Donegal for more information, call Mark Halligan on 091 700 814 or email@example.com
Salary – Depending on experience
Summary of role: The Shift Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the execution of the preventive and corrective maintenance programme as per Promise Gluten Free’s requirements on a shift basis at its facility in Ardara, Co. Donegal. They will be required to work a shift rota as required.
Core job responsibilities:
• Ensure that plant machinery and the equipment are maintained and available for production at all times.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks in accordance with site policies and procedures.
• Ensure Machinery, facilities and equipment are utilised efficiently;
• Design implement maintain and improve electrical and mechanical instrumentation, equipment, facilities, components and systems throughout the site.
• Proactively work with Production, Quality Assurance, outside contractors and all other relevant parties to discuss, agree, plan and implement engineering solutions to operational issues as they arise.
• Utilising structured troubleshooting and problem-solving method to resolve equipment issues;
• Display engineering and technical leadership and specialisation by acting as ‘Champion’ and leading improvement initiatives across shifts and functions;
• Provide input on equipment installation, start-up, operation and troubleshooting to support introduction of new products into sustaining operations;
• Maintenance and trouble-shooting as part of the maintenance team of all mechanical systems / machine set ups;
• Ensure that planned preventative maintenance is attended to in an efficient manner to minimise downtime;
• Assist Head of Maintenance and team in the update of Standard Operating Procedures and ensure Training is carried out with production teams as and when required;
• To ensure supervisors and managers are made aware of any problems relating to maintenance and that appropriate actions are taken immediately;
• To follow all company procedures relating to work instructions and the wearing of appropriate PPE;
• Completion of all related documentation in compliance with site and regulatory rules and guidelines;
• Shift working is required. The shift pattern may be varied according to business requirements and will typically require weekend working and periodic rotation between day and night shifts;
• To work in a flexible and organised manner.
• Inspect all completed installations / works to ensure compliance with correct operational procedures and safety standards,
• Safety comes first. You have a responsibility in your role to ensure the safety of yourself, Gallagher’s Bakery employees and members of the public. The use of safety equipment such as lock out tag outs, safety barriers, appropriate signage etc. must always be in place as part of the organisation and planning undertaken prior to starting work. Identifying and communicating potential hazards to the Head of Maintenance and flagging the need for risk assessments etc. is an important element of the job.
• Compliance with HACCP regulations will be a consistent requirement for all maintenance work carried out on site as is an awareness of the potential risk of food contamination.
Qualifications/ Education / Training
• At least 3 years’ experience in an Electrical or Mechanical maintenance role in a fast-paced production environment.
• Candidates should have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a formal qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Computer literacy – Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook/Report writing/trouble shooting – and a willingness to learn and upskill will form an important part of this role
• Safe Pass