Cregg Recruitment are currently hiring a to work in lcompany in Donegal for more information, call Stephen Coen 0861030418 Email email@example.com
The Shift Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the execution of the preventive and corrective
maintenance programme as per Promise Gluten Free’s requirements on a shift basis at its facility in
Ardara, Co. Donegal. They will be required to work a shift rota as required.
Core job responsibilities:
• Ensure that plant machinery and the equipment are maintained and available for production at
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks in accordance with site policies and
• Ensure Machinery, facilities and equipment are utilised efficiently;
• Design implement maintain and improve electrical and mechanical instrumentation, equipment,
facilities, components and systems throughout the site.
• Proactively work with Production, Quality Assurance, outside contractors and all other relevant
parties to discuss, agree, plan and implement engineering solutions to operational issues as they
• Utilising structured troubleshooting and problem-solving method to resolve equipment issues;
• Display engineering and technical leadership and specialisation by acting as ‘Champion’ and
leading improvement initiatives across shifts and functions;
• Provide input on equipment installation, start-up, operation and troubleshooting to support
introduction of new products into sustaining operations;
• Maintenance and trouble-shooting as part of the maintenance team of all mechanical systems /
machine set ups;
• Ensure that planned preventative maintenance is attended to in an efficient manner to minimise
• Assist Head of Maintenance and team in the update of Standard Operating Procedures and ensure
Training is carried out with production teams as and when required;
• To ensure supervisors and managers are made aware of any problems relating to maintenance
and that appropriate actions are taken immediately;
• To follow all company procedures relating to work instructions and the wearing of appropriate
• Completion of all related documentation in compliance with site and regulatory rules and
• Shift working is required. The shift pattern may be varied according to business requirements and
will typically require weekend working and periodic rotation between day and night shifts;
• To work in a flexible and organised manner.
• Inspect all completed installations / works to ensure compliance with correct operational
procedures and safety standards,
• Safety comes first. You have a responsibility in your role to ensure the safety of yourself,
Gallagher’s Bakery employees and members of the public. The use of safety equipment such as
lock out tag outs, safety barriers, appropriate signage etc. must always be in place as part of the
organisation and planning undertaken prior to starting work. Identifying and communicating
potential hazards to the Head of Maintenance and flagging the need for risk assessments etc. is
an important element of the job.
• Compliance with HACCP regulations will be a consistent requirement for all maintenance work
carried out on site as is an awareness of the potential risk of food contamination.
Qualifications/ Education / Training
• At least 3 years’ experience in an Electrical or Mechanical maintenance role in a fast-paced
• Candidates should have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a formal qualification in
Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Computer literacy – Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook/Report writing/trouble shooting – and a
willingness to learn and upskill will form an important part of this role
• Safe Pass