CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring a Mechanical Design Engineer for a large company in Galway, for more information please call Mark Halligan at 091 700 814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a rolling 12 month contract, with high potential for permanent after.
About the job:
Hours of work: Our client operates a system of core hours as follows:
9.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30am – 1.00pm Friday. Flexibility is given to the employee to work the balance of hours as is suitable to them. Remote working given ideally onsite 3 days per week
Salary and benefits: Excellent Rates apply
Industry Sector: Our client is a world leader in the manufacture of less-invasive medical devices.
Career development: Our client offer excellent career development. This role has come on line due to continued increase in equipment projects as a result of continued growth in production.
The Mechanical Designer will collaborate and provide design expertise to the Equipment Engineering department in the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment and tooling for the production of medical devices.
• You will have the opportunity to lead manufacturing equipment design activities with relevant project teams to deliver projects on time and on budget.
• You will be expected to work with internal and external customers through design, development, FAT, installation and commissioning stages.
• Promote innovation and proactively monitor new technology.
• Develop, recommend and apply sound construction concepts to achieve design for manufacturability
• Recognize and develop prototypes of high risk mechanisms
• Review vendor capability, assign and manage projects as appropriate
• Ensure appropriate and relevant documentation is in place where required within area(s) of responsibility.
Qualifications & Experience:
We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Masters Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electronics or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 2-3 years relevant equipment design experience.
• Experience with 3D mechanical design – SolidWorks, Inventor or equivalent.
- Must have expereince with tool/equipment design.