Nursing Home Manager – Galway- Full time – Permanent
Permanent role- On site
CREGG Recruitment are currently recruiting a Nursing Home Manager to join a family run Nursing Home based in County Galway.
As the Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, directing and evaluating all operational activities in the Nursing Home.
You will be responsible for the management and development of staff by providing leadership and direction in all nursing care and operational functions.
This is a Monday-Friday role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Corresponding with HIQA on regulatory matters
- Corresponding with HAS on regulatory matters
- Finance, HR, Marketing, Risk Management, Maintenance, Staff Training and Compliance.
- Provide administrative & HR support to the PIC in addition to reviewing Care Plans ensuing the are compliant with all regulations
- Advertise and market vacant positions
- Screen and interview candidates and recruit as required
- Complete Garda vetting for employees
- Responsible for completing the training needs and assist in the drafting of the Nursing Home training programme with particular emphasis on Health & Safety, Induction Training, Care of the Older person, Fire training
- Updating records as specified by HIQA & The Health Act
- Negotiating prices with NTPF and controlling and monitoring costs
- Supporting Janitor by building relationships with local trades people
- Building relationships with local GP’s, Pharmacists, Local Clergy, Cancer Support
- Organise training for staff on fire safety, fire drills etc
- General administrative duties such as answering calls, emails etc
- Other duties as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as an Office Manager
- Extensive knowledge of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Excellent HR Management skills
- Strong team leadership
- Good Inter departmental relations
- Knowledge of Office Administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Hands on experience with office equipment, printers, fax machines etc
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A creative mind with ability to suggest improvements if required
- A warm friendly nature
- Nursing/Nursing home background would be advantageous but not essential
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of Cregg Recruitment without your express permission
For further information please contact Tracey Barry with your updated CV