Packaging Equipment Engineer- 12 Month Contract
- Supports Packaging Operations Team and provides real time action on any process or equipment document updates in line with business objectives and scheduling demand.
- Reviews packaging batch documentation (both paper and electronic) in a RFT manner to support timely release to support shipping and disposition cycle time (DCT) commitments.
- Provides document generation and SME support input into design, commissioning and validation of equipment, automation and processes as part of multi-function project teams.
- Setting up work practices and procedures that minimize human error, and work with operations continuous improvement teams to remove sources of error.
- Own quality records (change control, CAPA, deviations) and deliver to timelines.
- Support and implement continuous improvements projects associated with cost, time and functionality, ensuring that all KPI targets are achieved.
- Integrate digitalization and analytics into our processes to improve efficiency, competency, data fluency, and streamline science-based decision-making.
- Identify and autonomously implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide data to support management evaluation of performance trends.
- Own and author critical standard operating procedures and supporting documentation/training.
- Lead and/or support root cause investigations related to performance trends and formal deviations.
- Support of new product and product reintroductions.
- Develop, implement and assess solutions for complex problems.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a GMP environment with direct packaging related experience advantageous.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant science or engineering related discipline.
- Be a results-oriented person with excellent organizational, communicational and team development skills with an ability to successfully interact with people, create a team environment and generate co-operation.
- Experience working in a manufacturing role and have a working knowledge of packaging equipment from vendors such as Uhlmann, Dividella, Neri, Sortimat and Pester.
- Experience in supporting major investigating manufacturing investigations, CAPA’s and change controls and ownership of minor deviations.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of RFT techniques and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Strong ability to lead, challenge and positively influence in an interactive team environment.
- Strong computer skills – knowledge of MES, PAS-X, SAP, Spotfire, PI Vision and Maximo.