CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring a Principal Sourcing Specialist to work onsite with a leading medical device multinational client in Galway. 39 hour week. This is an initial 12 month contract with good potential for an extended contract. For more information on this role call Stephen Coen 0861030418 or Email email@example.com
Responsible for developing and executing optimal Category & Sourcing strategies for the Plastics, Resins and Chemicals team. Establish & enhance Supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, whilst reducing or mitigating risk in the Supply Chain. Responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and aligning on optimal sourcing strategies to develop and implement one common Category Strategy for the assigned category. Responsible for developing a Supplier Database that identifies and categorizes potential suppliers by commodity and region to increase the value proposition and reduce TCO.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in key sourcing categories that results in a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Gathers Market Intelligence and trends for the Categories and Sub-Categories.
- Identifies risks within the Category and works closely with stakeholders to eliminate or take mitigating actions for strategic risks.
- Analyses data and develops tools to manage the Category, including should-cost models, COGS models, etc.
- Identifies all suitable suppliers per Category and region per sample RFQ and develops comprehensive supplier knowledge & database.
- Identifies insourcing and outsourcing opportunities.
- Guide respective internal leads through a holistic & systematic category approach to material & supplier selection and management.
- Promotes and works towards balanced continuous (year-on-year) value improvement for all aspects of quality, service and cost with assigned supply base. Manages supplier performance and identifies Value Improvement Program’s to improve TCO accordingly.
- Ensures optimal balance between collaborative engagement and competitive pressure with supply base to ensure maximum value is realized, including negotiation o value improvements and optimal supplier contracts.
- Manages strategic supplier relationships in line with the Category Strategy and understands the strategic differentiators for each supplier.
- Owns annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as crisis or systematic issue resolution.
- Establish early involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Experience with acquisition integration and chemicals preferred
Education & Experience:
- Level 8 Bachelor’s degree required, Engineering degree preferred and/or technical experience with Injection Molding.
- Minimum of 6 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management
- Acquisitions and/or Injection Molding experience preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Medical Device experience is preferred.