CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring a Process Technician to work onsite with a leading medical device multinational client in Galway. 39 hour week. This is an initial 12 month contract with good potential for an extended contract. For more information on this role, call Mark 091 700 814. *Electricians, Mechanics & Plumbers Wanted !!*
About the job:
Purpose: Part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances. We are hiring for days, evening and nights. This is a set shift.
- Days Shift, 7:30am – 3:30pm,
- Evening Shift, 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Night Shift, 10:45pm- 6.45am
- Weekend shift 4 day week 5 day pay and a half day.
- Saturday and Sunday 6:30am/7:30am – 6:30pm/7:30pm
- Monday or Tuesday 6:30am/7:30am – 2:30pm/3:30pm
- Thursday or Friday 6:30am/7:30am – 2:30pm/3:30pm
Salary: Excellent rates with a 20% shift premium for evening shift, 25% for weekend and 27.5% for nights.
Industry Sector: Our client is a world leader in the manufacture of less-invasive medical devices.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Work on Electronic troubleshooting, PLC. programming, electronic hardware interfacing.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Assist ME’s in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Interface with a variety of company personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Take responsibility for preventative maintenance procedures with an assigned process or area.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- HETAC Level 6 qualification or Senior Trades (Electrician, Mechanic) in a relevant area with a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Experience of Automated Processes a requirement
- Electrical background would be highly desirable.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.