Cregg Recruitment are currently hiring a Project Manager to work in a large medical device in Galway for more information, call Stephen Coen 0861030418 Email email@example.com
About the job
Working with Equipment Engineering, the successful candidate will assist R&D and Operations on the introduction of New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by project managing the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades. The Role is primarily based in Galway, a World Class Facility, although traveling abroad may be required from time to time and for short periods.
Hours of Work – Working times are Monday to Thursday 8am -5:30 and Friday 8am -1pm
Salary – Excellent Salary this is a contracting role and you will be paid per hour thought CREGG Recruitment or as a contractor.
- Participates and Leads the use of lean and Continuous Improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Ensures Equipment requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
- Supervises the deliverables of other Engineers.
- Leads and/or Participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Provide project management, oversight and direction through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Document meetings and coordinate status reports and approvals on deliverables
- Ability to lead multiple project activities simultaneously, working with internal and external cross-functional groups.
- Develop and maintain project plans, tasks, deliverables, dependencies and resource requirements.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems and recommending actions.
- Monitors and controls projects, ensuring efficient utilization of project resources
JOB REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- 4+ years experience in Project Engineer role
- Minimum qualification level (Irish NFQ or equivalent)Level 7 – Ordinary Bachelor Degree
- PMP Certification
- Strong project management /project lead with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, system analysis and problem solving skills;
- Has the ability to acquire new skills quickly and thrives in a fast paced, collaborative team environment
- Proficiency with project management tools including Microsoft Project
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to recognize exceptions to documented policy and procedures
- Ability to monitor schedule deviations and assist in the development of alternative methods for corrective action at the project level.
- Experience working in a regulated industry preferred