We are looking for an individual with expertise in Procurement/Purchasing to be the lead representative on the Magellan Galway site deployment team. This is a Buyer II role which is based out of Galway (Hybrid).
Hours of work:
39 hour week with a 1pm Friday finish
Healthcare for you and dependents/pension/income protection/life assurance etc
- In conjunction with the Purchasing team, capture and share additional requirements beyond Global Template to support Galway go-live.
- Understand and communicate the key system changes and implications of those changes to the Purchasing team.
- Primary point of contact for Galway site on Direct Purchasing workstreams.
- Active participant in Magellan meetings & forums.
- Coordination of all Purchasing activities during implementation and cutover.
- Partner with sister site representatives to align on common approach with particular emphasis on Galway/Maple Grove dual site implementation.
- Champion Master Data accuracy for Purchasing team.
Education, Skills and Experience:
NFQ Level 8 (240 ETCS) qualification in a related discipline.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Procurement, Purchasing, or Planning. Experience in both areas is a distinct advantage.
Systems experience in SAP, Rapid Response and MS Excel.
Project Management experience.
Good knowledge and understanding of MRP, PPDS and CRP.
Proven adaptability, comfortable with change and with a demonstrated ability to react and respond to a fast-changing environment
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
Demonstrate analytical capability to interpret and challenge data and to identify where data may not be accurate or incomplete
Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills
Self-starter with strong, proactive work ethic.