Qualified/Part-Qualified Accountant – East Clare – Permanent
CREGG Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Qualified/Part-Qualified Accountant for a role with our client based in East Clare. The successful candidate will work out the office in East Clare on a permanent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost accounting principles
- ability to operate stock costing models.
- Responsible for analysing pricing decisions related to the sale of finished goods, implementing overhead allocation methods, and computing costs in a rigorous manner that facilitates cost control and reduction
- provide valuable support to the management team in their decision-making process
- involved in preparing monthly management accounts, posting journals, creating and posting accruals and prepayments, and analysing costs
- Preparation and reconciliation of Cashflow
- Assistance in Annual Forecast
- Assistance in preparation for available grants
- Implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Act as cover for staff in the finance team in managing workloads and covering periods of absence as they arise.
- Active involvement in the day to day running of the business.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
- Provide support for cost accounting activities.
- Accountable for reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Manage the stock function.
- Reconcile debtors and creditors, oversee collections and payments
- Track and consolidate all significant contracts.
- Prepare and file various statutory returns.
Systems & Continuous Improvement
- Contributing to projects and systems development, actively interacting with all functions of the business to lead changes in these area’s
- Promote the aims and objectives of the company as required.
- Other ad hoc reporting and duties as required.
- Engage with the team in a progressive, engaged manner in support of the business goals and objectives
Education & Experience Required:
- Fully/Part-qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CPA
- +5yrs experience in accounts
- Strong business acumen – broad understanding and involvement in a manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, motivated, self-starter
- Ability to multitask in a fast-changing environment.
- Computer literacy and a high level of excel expertise.
For more information, please contact Gary with your CV.
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of Cregg Recruitment without your express permission.
GC – 8012