Research and Development Engineer – Co Clare – Permanent!
Medical device industry experience preferred but not essential!
This job will suit a good solid adaptable engineer that is looking for a more hands on opportunity & a role where they can work more on their own autonomy!
Great career & learning opportunity!
Design / Development Engineer
The Research and Development Engineer will design, develop, modify and evaluate medical devices. The engineer will use structured engineering, problem-solving and statistical techniques to design and develop new products and/or improve existing products whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and budget.
Educational / Professional Details required
- Good mechanical design and understanding of engineering fundamentals with medical device materials knowledge.
- Experience in DOE and/or Gage R&R is preferred.
- Good manufacturing design and process understanding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated decision making competencies.
- Very strong organizational, Project Management and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a methodical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Flexibility to travel to vendor sites to support service and project activities.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment with little supervision or daily direction.
- Qualified to Level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related discipline with a minimum of 4 – 5 years relevant experience.
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact Deirdre Sheehan
086 046 4671