CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring a Remote Principle Global Sourcing Specialist for a large medical company in Galway:
- Principle Role:
- Remote with some travel to USA & Europe
- Managed a total spend of 100 million dollars, within the area of Plastics, Resins and Chemicals team.
- Commercial aspects all thing sourcing new suppliers
- Level 8 Bachelor’s degree required, Engineering degree preferred and/or technical experience with Injection Molding.
- 6 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
About the company:
Large medical company based in Ireland, excellent career opportunities.
Salary & Benefits:
Excellent Salary to include, Pension, healthcare, bonus and shares
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in key sourcing categories that results in a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Gathers Market Intelligence and trends for the Categories and Sub-Categories.
- Identifies risks within the Category and works closely with stakeholders to eliminate or take mitigating actions for strategic risks.
- Analyses data and develops tools to manage the Category, including should-cost models, COGS models, etc.
- Identifies all suitable suppliers per Category and region per sample RFQ and develops comprehensive supplier knowledge & database.
- Identifies insourcing and outsourcing opportunities.
- Guide respective internal leads through a holistic & systematic category approach to material & supplier selection and management.
- Promotes and works towards balanced continuous (year-on-year) value improvement for all aspects of quality, service and cost with assigned supply base. Manages supplier performance and identifies Value Improvement Program’s to improve TCO accordingly.
- Ensures optimal balance between collaborative engagement and competitive pressure with supply base to ensure maximum value is realized, including negotiation o value improvements and optimal supplier contracts.
- Manages strategic supplier relationships in line with the Category Strategy and understands the strategic differentiators for each supplier.
- Owns annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as crisis or systematic issue resolution.
- Establish early involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Experience with acquisition integration and chemicals preferred
For more information call Breda 0860262157