CREGG Recruitment is excited to be recruiting a Senior Manager for the Financial Services Tax Team based in the Sunny South-East of Ireland.
Our FS Tax team is part of Ireland’s leading Tax practice. The experienced FS team of 140 led by our 8 partners are experts in their respective fields, specialising in the dynamic and diverse world of financial services. The group works across the core areas of Banking & Capital Markets, Asset Management and Insurance and provides tax services to clients in areas such as aircraft leasing, treasury operations, insurance, real estate and funds. We are a team that embraces change and are focused on using technology-based solutions to deliver an excellent client service.
Our role is to bring tax solutions for our clients both locally and internationally, to fit with their commercial aims. Our clients include many of the leading domestic and multinational financial institutions. Our regular interaction with both Irish Revenue and the Department of Finance enables us to be at the forefront of an ever changing and dynamic tax environment.
With over 700 employees from diverse backgrounds located across Ireland, Our tax practice is at the cutting edge of one of the most challenging and intellectually rigorous fields. We help our clients solve problems and influence some of the biggest decisions they face. We help them be more tax efficient while at the same time keep pace with the changing tax landscape. You will analyse and interpret tax policy, advise on intricate tax matters, and help companies meet their compliance requirements.
Our rapidly growing FS Tax team is now fully supported from our regional locations, based out of our South-East offices (Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny,) this role offers a unique opportunity to work as part of a fully integrated and collaborative local Tax team. Joining as a Manager or Senior Manager, we support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills – and acquire new ones.
As a Manager/Senior Manager in FS Tax, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve complex tax and broader business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Discuss potential innovative projects with our clients linked to economic, business and technical reality in order to help them to grow on the market
- Together with our clients, you will analyse how to transform their business, how to develop and select innovative solutions.
- You will build your professional network and manage client relationships in order to find business opportunities with innovative companies.
- Have an active role in training our junior and senior staff members promoting a learning culture.
- Bring business knowledge, innovation and insight to create value for clients and the firm.
- Embrace the digital evolution in our business and at clients, motivated to familiarise yourself with these evolutions and to drive these technologies further in our day-to-day business and that of our clients.
- Operate and collaborate effectively with a mindset that transcends geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Motivating your team to perform at their best, make a difference and deliver results, while providing mentorship and guidance allowing them to stretch to their full potential.
- Work on attracting, developing and retaining the best talents for the firm.
- Be part of and contribute to a collaborative working environment.
Key skills, qualifications, and competencies:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Tax, ideally gained in a top tier accounting firm, corporate, business consulting or legal environment.
- AITI/CTA qualified
- Experience advising, managing and delivering on complex tax projects
- A track record of delivering rounded quality work for a cross section of clients.
- Commercial awareness with the ability to develop business opportunities in order to generate regional growth in Tax
- Good exposure to international taxes, working with multinationals and an understanding of international tax policy developments would be an advantage.
- Transformation – An interest in continuous improvement and the latest tax technologies
- Enthusiastic team player and manager with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Leadership – demonstrate strong commitment and experience to developing yourself, your team members, your clients and your business.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
Create your future with us.
Please be aware that your CV will not be shared with anyone outside of Cregg Recruitment without your express permission
For further information please contact Cleo Muir with your updated CV