Senior R&D Engineer
CREGG Recruitment are currently recruiting a R&D Sustaining Engineer for a leading medical device multinational company in Galway.
For full details please contact Mark at CREGG Recruitment on 091 700 814.
About the job:
The R&D Engineer will join a team of experienced medical device engineers based within a dynamic New Product Development team working in the design, develop, and produce technologies for treating peripheral venous and arterial disorders in addition to supporting evolving regulatory and standard requirements around product design. The Sustaining Engineering R&D group provide design support to commercial products manufactured at the site. The team are involved in many and varied projects that ensure safety, compliance and manufacturing continuity of this robust product portfolio.
Hours of work: Our client operates a system of core hours as follows:
9am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Flexibility is given to the employee to work the balance of hours as is suitable to them. This role is mostly working onsite due to the complex work of an R&D Engineer.
- Use of design change process to ensure proposed changes are systematically and thoroughly analyzed before beginning the change process. Whenever product changes are proposed, justification is written or data is collected to verify that the design intent is still met.
- Works cross-functionally with project management, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical and marketing to ensure project success.
- Interfaces with vendors and physicians where projects require.
- Demonstrates design control knowledge through generation of high quality deliverables
- Designs, procures and fabricates tooling and fixtures and moulds.
- Performs troubleshooting on products/process problems as related to design, material or process.
- Summarizes, analyzes and draws conclusions from test results.
- Primary Degree in either Mechanical, Polymers, Chemical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering. Min. FETAC level 7/8
- Strong R&D experience preferably in the health care industry
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects
- Experience with FEA.