About the role:
CREGG is hiring a Snr R&D Engineer to work on a large, new product release for Galway’s biggest medical device manufacturing company. This role is hybrid so offers excellent flexibility.
At our clients Research & Development Department, we focus on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our R&D Engineers are directly involved in working on the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures, as part of the R&D team.
Hours of Work: Core Hours are Mon-Thursday 9am-4.30pm and 9am to 1pm on Friday.
Hybrid role with excellent salary offered. Opportunity to work almost exclusively remotely if required.
• You will be a technical expert, supporting Released Product Engineering across the Global CRDN portfolio including Drug Eluting Stents, POBA Catheters, Guide Catheters, Renal Denervation products & other Coronary complex PCI devices.
• You will provide engineering design expertise and technical leadership to cross functional project teams in critically assessing the potential design impact associated with operations & sourcing product changes including manufacturing continuity & cost down initiatives.
• You will be directly involved in extending the product life in existing markets as well as supporting new geographies and developing markets.
• You will be directly involved in making sure our products are maintained through the full product lifecycle and that these products comply with evolving global standards.
• You will support the introduction/implementation of product/process/materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
• You will monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation and understand and operate to departmental and company quality procedures.
• You will support department goals and initiatives as part of the R&D Released Product Engineering team.
• You will represent our client externally with our customers and provide technical support on field related activities such as sales team training/education, extending product lifecycles, emerging markets, account support, and complaint investigations.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Bio- Medical or related discipline with minimum 5 years relevant experience.
• Sterilisation experience highly advantageous. Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
• We are looking for individuals with experience in biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures.
• We are looking for a dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
• We are looking for strong interpersonal, leadership and team skills.
• We are looking for a good communicator and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.