About The Role:
Permanent role offering full benefits package.
The Senior Supplier / Manufacturing Engineer (External Products) will design and develop manufacturing processes, equipment, and systems to meet manufacturing delivery goals while reducing cost and ensuring product quality. This position is part of the Sourced Finished Medical Device team and entails driving improvements with Suppliers.
Your Responsibilities Include:
Manage projects which include new production equipment, process improvements, and cost reductions while supporting day to day operations success of assigned key SFMD suppliers.
- Works cooperatively with R&D, Process Development, Quality, Production, Regulatory, Equipment Engineering, Supply Chain, and Marketing to ensure project success.
- Successfully contributes to both new product development and current product support, typically including the following activities: process capability studies, process development, Six Sigma and Value Improvement projects, report preparation and process/test documentation.
- Ability to independently designs and coordinate engineering tests and experiments including Design of Experiments.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot new and existing product/process problems related to design, material, or processes.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documents to communicate results to the technical community.
- May lead cross-functional project teams.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to operators/technicians at BSC Supplier Site.
- Submit and manage Change Requests to support manufacturing changes
- BS in Engineering (240 credits) or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience
- Proven organization and execution skills
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and implement solutions
- Proven leader and team player with the ability to drive tasks / projects to completion
- Willing and able to work with engineers and technical staff from a SFMD Supplier at a different site.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time. Travel typically does not occur over weekends.
- Manufacturing experience
- Medical Device experience preferred