CREGG Recruitment are currently recruiting a Software Development Engineer Level II for a world leading Galway based medical device company. Excellent career progression offered.
About the role:
To assist the Equipment Engineering department to develop new manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and develops complex manufacturing and test equipment. If you have very strong VB.NetC# and SQL this is the role for you!
Hours of work: 39 hour week Mon-Friday with a 1pm Friday finish
- Develop robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and SQL script authoring.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
- Work closely with customers in defining system requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Work closely with both internal and external specialists and vendors to complete equipment related projects.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Develop detailed project plans and manage projects to completion.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of engineers.
- Proactively drive innovation and integration of new technologies into development strategies for the software team.
- Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years in software development with experience and a thorough knowledge in the following: VB.Net, C#, VB 6, SQL Server, software testing, version and change management software.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation server and associated build processes.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11 experience an advantage.
- Machine or device control design experience.
- Good working knowledge on the use of vision systems and associated tools desirable.
- Excellent communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience in Automation Testing with strong knowledge of testing lifecycle and principles.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with good multitasking and prioritization skills.