Senior Software Engineer II – Galway (Hybrid)
Due to their continued success our Galway based client are now recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
- Develop robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and SQL script authoring.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
- Work closely with customers in defining system requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Work closely with both internal and external specialists and vendors to complete equipment related projects.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Develop detailed project plans and manage projects to completion.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- Proactively drive innovation and integration of new technologies into development strategies for the software team.
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years in software development with experience and a thorough knowledge in the following: VB.Net, C#, VB 6, SQL Server, software testing, version and change management software.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation server and associated build processes.
- Machine or device control design experience.
- Good working knowledge on the use of vision systems and associated tools desirable.
For further information please contact Vinny Kenny