Cregg Recruitment are currently hiring a Supplier Engineer to work in a large medical device in Cork for more information, call Mark Halligan 091 700 814 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
In a general sense the Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership for material change management in the supply chain in support of business continuity. The team is also responsible for the transfer in, and integration of, New Products into manufacturing sites and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
• Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
• Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
• Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s)
throughout the Supply Chain.
• Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another
• Project planning, in detail, in support of major project, product/process transfer etc.
• Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, which
complies with GMP in conjunction with the other team members.
• Lead resolution of problems that impede project progress.
• Identify and escalate unresolved obstacles to the success of the project.
• Technical Team Member on teams comprising representatives from Purchasing,
Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier
• Demonstrates Technical skills in Commodity Management.
• Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and
• Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability
and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
• Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality,
Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
• Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
• Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection &
Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
• Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled