This role will be part of a cross functional NPI and manufacturing team and will be the main point of contact for all materials supply and build schedule related activities. A key part of this role will be to communicate, both to internal teams and the end customer, the status of steady state manufacturing orders along with once off smaller validation builds. The role will be responsible for customer order coordination, materials planning, purchasing, and reporting for customer facing projects.
- Responsible for planning, procuring, and scheduling materials and services within in order to meet the requirements of the facility and customers.
- Liaise with Key subcontractors and suppliers to manage schedule, delivery performance and materials exposure against customer requirements.
- Material requirements planning for selected products and effective material scheduling for inhouse production areas as well as order placement with key subcontractors.
- Place purchase orders & updates, manage call-offs and monitor vendor performance.
- Manage vendors to ensure continuity of material supply to maintain uninterrupted production and in accordance with purchasing and inventory policies.
- Participate as required in vendor negotiations and in identifying potential cost savings either with existing or new sources of supply or through improved Planning and Purchasing processes. Participation as required at all meetings relating to material availability and to support new product introduction.
- Business Degree or equivalent APICS Certification or IIPMM Diploma and/or has a significant number of years’ experience in a relevant Buyer/Planner position.
- Medical Device experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 an advantage.