Cregg Recruitment are currently hiring a Technical Operator to work in leading manufacturing company in Galway for more information, call Stephen Coen 0861030418 Email email@example.com
Responsible for the safe, efficient running of the Kiefel Thermoforming machines, working as part of a team to manufacture product to the highest Quality specifications
- Adhere to Safety Procedures at all times. Report all accidents/incidents, near misses to Safety Officer and Line Leader/Production Supervisor
- Complete tool changes, set thermoforming and roller press machines complete roll changes.
- Produce product to the requisite Quality specifications with reference to Quality Instructions as outlined in On Line folders.
- Ensure all In process Checks /measurements as outlined in On Line folders are complete/timely/accurate
- Carry out the above tasks whilst conforming to good manufacturing practice (GMP)– keeping the work environment clean, safe and orderly
- You must inform Stores personnel when Material stock is running low
- You must inform the Line Leader/Production Supervisor when you have a problem with tools, equipment, plant, facilities, machines or moulds.
- You must inform the Line leader/Production Supervisor when you have a problem with a production line
- You must get the Quality Dept approval of concessions on the Quality Spec
- During production your priorities are:
- No Rework
- Low Scrap
- Targets met as per schedule on On Line Folders/APS
You should strive to continually improve:
- Cycle times
- Quality – exceeding customer requirements
- More efficient tool changes
- Improved G.M.P.
Areas for Job Development are:
- Improved G.M.P.
- Cost reductions
- Improved Quality Awareness
- Familiarisation with Production Scheduling
- Familiarisation with Computer Systems
- New ideas on machines and tools
- You will be requested to carry out minor modifications to tools e.g. setting cavities to a plate, putting on dummy cavities etc. This may involve use of a milling m/c/drill press etc.
- You are responsible for completion of robust health checks on all tools “up next” for production by ensuring Material in place, Mould in good condition, Knife in good condition, Forming machine in good condition, Cutting machine in good condition and previous ‘runs’ checked for problems encountered.
- On completion of each run you are responsible for ensuring tools are taken down and the proper protective covering applied. If any defects are noticed on the tools a works order must be opened on Pragma On Key and sent to the appropriate person to carry out repairs and Production Supervisor.
- Participate in Improvement activities utilizing Lean Manufacturing principles/tools
- Ensure all non-conforming material/product is controlled via the relevant SOP
- At beginning and end of every run, the technician must ensure line clearance is completed as per SOP.
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Strong Systems knowledge
- Working knowledge of GMP, ISO Quality standards and production processes
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capability
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent record
- Versatility Handling Equipment
- Technical Literacy Skills
- Open to further development
Education: 3rd level qualification in relevant discipline
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role ideally within a manufacturing environment.