- Managing the goods inwards, picking, packing, and shipping functions
- Management of all stocks (for resale, raw materials, packaging, etc.)
- Ensure the above functions are run efficiently in line with business requirements and developing standards to improve service delivery.
- Manage the above functions to achieve operational targets.
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with freight service providers and other suppliers as appropriate to ensure excellent delivery service at competitive pricing.
- Work with and liaise with other functions to ensure effective delivery of distribution targets.
- Manage, develop, and motivate direct reports, ensuring a high level of employee engagement
- Ensure company policies, procedures, housekeeping and health and safety rules are adhered to in all areas of responsibility
- Identify and deliver strategic projects specifically aimed at scaling, quality improvements and process efficiency.
- Contribute to and / or lead cross functional teams on specific projects as may be required
- Negotiate pricing with selected suppliers to ensure we are received best in class service at competitive rates
- 10 years warehouse experience
- An in-depth knowledge of the laboratory supplies industry.
- Understanding of legislative requirements about shipping of hazardous goods (road, sea, air)