Our Galway based client are now recruiting for a DBA Software Engineer to join their team...excellent opportunity not to be missed. For further information regarding this DBA Software Engineer role please contact Loretta on 086 1838380.
DBA Software Engineer - Key Responsibilities:
- Implement controlled structural updates to validated SQL Server manufacturing production databases using SQL scripts following qualification protocols.
- Work closely with validation, manufacturing and operation teams to implement database updates at the appropriate downtimes to facilitate the business. This activity may occur outside normal business hours as and when required.
- Monitor manufacturing databases performance and implement maintenance plans to improve performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues raised by Software\\Control\\Operations teams that require a quick turnaround in a high pressure environment.
- Database design, development, monitoring and SQL script authoring.
- Ensures Equipment\\Database requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
- Provide DBA\\software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Develops robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment and associated databases.
- Contribute to all phases of database\\software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Leads and\\or Participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Participates and Leads the use of lean and Continuous Improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Manages projects and\\or portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Drafts and Review Design and Compliance documentation.
- Level 8 Degree in a relevant discipline
- 4 years plus experience in a similar role
- Experience in SQL Server/database design & SQL Server reporting and integration services
- Experience in VB.Net and C# desirable