Manufacturing Engineering Technician
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician shall report to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer and shall be responsible for providing engineering support to Operations.
This is a permanent position based in Limerick, for more detail contact Michelle on 086 608 6644.
Technical Engineering Support
- Provide technical engineering support for shop-floor manufacturing operations & collaborate with extended teams to help support equipment uptime, process yield, product certification programmes, and Health and Safety in the area.
- Utilise defined problem-solving methods to assist in root cause analysis investigations and troubleshoot related manufacturing issues.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering in developing, troubleshooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Researching & implementing innovative solutions to existing process problems.
- Participate in & lead Project Teams to design, specify, manufacture, test and document changes & improvements to products, processes & production equipment.
- Support the extended engineering teams as deemed necessary.
Continuous Technical Improvements
- Work with the extended engineering and production support teams to conceptualise, initiate and implement \"Engineering 4.0\" techniques and smart technologies to deliver world class manufacturing performance in line with critical success indicators (Safety, Quality, Output & Equipment performance). i.e. HMI (Human Machine Interface, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) etc.
- Assist in the mentoring and provide technical training of personal.
- Interface with external vendors as well as personnel within cross functional layers of the organisation.
- Engineering Cert / Diploma or Degree (HETAC / FETAC Level 6, 7 or 8), senior trade or equivalent qualification, preferably with 2 years+ experience.
- Candidate must be committed to continuing further Third Level education; the company will assist via \"Further Education Sponsorship\".
- Previous experience within a precision manufacturing or engineering environment desirable.
- Hands on mechanical aptitude & experience with equipment maintenance essential.
- Creativity in developing and implementing new techniques, solutions, processes and procedures.
- Previous exposure to 2D and 3D CAD is advantageous.
- Strong computer literacy skills, good knowledge of MS Office package.
- Proficient written & verbal skills.
- Excellent communication, credibility & presentation skills.
- Self-starter, enthusiastic & driven individual with ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated Team dynamics with ability to work as part of a high performing team.
- High level of attention to detail with demonstrated capability of following procedures closely.
- Good planning & organization skills
- Familiarity with geometric tolerancing, dimensioning and drawing layout
- Quality focused with view to meeting & exceeding customer expectations.
- This is a salaried role.
- Standard benefits.
For further detail please contact Michelle on 086 608 6644.