SENIOR LEAN ENGINEER
The Senior Engineer will work part of the Manufacturing, Quality and Lean Group. The position is permanent with a multinational based in Galway.
- Work as part of the Manufacturing, Quality, engineering and Lean group. You will be responsible for identifying and delivering significant tangible improvements in process performance and quality.
- Focus initially on Lean Cell Production System (Standard work, Visual Management and workplace organization, Scientific Problem Solving - A3).
- Reduce waste in manufacturing with the deployment of Lean Tools / Principles using 5s, SMED, Standard Work etc.
- Identify and implement methodologies that sustain gains.
- Act as a 'Change Agent' in the introduction of Lean Tools in manufacturing and drive/sustain improvements by working directly with Teams at the cell level.
- Develop, maintain and review Lean training materials to raise the level of awareness and competence around Lean.
- Provide coaching and mentoring in Lean principles to both direct and indirect including cross-functional personnel.
- Level 8 degree in a technical discipline or equivalent.
- Good operational knowledge of Medical Device Industry with 5-10 years' experience in manufacturing.
- Lean Six Sigma certification (minimum Green Belt) with 5 years post qualification experience.
- Demonstrated delivery of tangible benefits using CI approach & tools.
- Proven experience in leading Kaizen workshop events including Line balancing, Standard work, etc.
- Experience delivering lean and six sigma training.
- Experience of rolling out & embedding CI across an organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an innovative approach.
- Ensures adherence to quality and safety standards with all improvement efforts.
- Proven ability to adapt to work priorities in response to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent coaching and influencing skills.
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
Contact Michelle on 086 608 6644 for more detail.